JStudio SiteWalker Service Board Forum Index JStudio SiteWalker Service Board
Find out / share information about our product, experience and requirements. To serve all user all postings must be written in English language. We are looking for constructive meanings and experience. Disrespectful postings will be deleted immediately.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Skipping Failed Test Tasks in a Batch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JStudio SiteWalker Service Board Forum Index -> General Issues: Testing automatically
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Skipping Failed Test Tasks in a Batch Reply with quote

I'm performing an evaluation for a client and I am really very, very impressed with SiteWalker, this is a cool piece of software.

I have just a straightforward question.

What would be the best way to set up a batch of tasks to skip failed tasks and just report on the failures?

The scenario we have is:

Task One
Task Two

When Task One is run it fails at step 12 of 19 - the test navigation then stops.

We want to set the test run up so that when task one fails it writes the failure to the report and then skips to Task Two.

Many thanks.
sitewalker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Default Reply with quote

Hi Rick,

did you execute the mission project completely ? Normally failed tasks stops and the next task will be executed.
In default tasks stops when a HTML element represented by the step can't be found. To stop the task on test failures please specify stop definition on quick validation dialog.

Best regards,

Frank
Rick

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Skip Test Reply with quote

Hi Frank

That's great thanks. I've got a couple of tasks one with a step that can't be completed and one that can and on failure it skips neatly to the next task and records the failure.

Many thanks

Rick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JStudio SiteWalker Service Board Forum Index -> General Issues: Testing automatically All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: