JStudio SiteWalker Service Board Forum Index JStudio SiteWalker Service Board
Find out / share information about our product, experience and requirements. To serve all user all postings must be written in English language. We are looking for constructive meanings and experience. Disrespectful postings will be deleted immediately.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Few Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JStudio SiteWalker Service Board Forum Index -> Product Issues: Bugs & Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lobotech

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Few Questions Reply with quote

Hello

Anyone know how (if i can):

1. I can export test status to excel

2. I can export default values of some object to excel

3. I can find any good manual for Script editor (Becose im really dazed from this SE)

Last qestion

I have problem with testing dynamic help. I have web , where is help for users. If i have cursor on some object i have window (frame) where i can see help for this object. But i can not test help, becose if ill move cursor on help (for his select) help will seted on default value.

BTW: Im sorry for poor einglish, but i hope that its understandable Surprised)

Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing more.

Can i export asserts results to excel?

Thanx again.
sitewalker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: It's practise Reply with quote

Hi,

thanks for your interest in JStudio SiteWalker.

1 + 2: yes, you can. To save test status to Excel just look for topic "write test results to Excel" at forum setcion "requirements in practise", because your questions are no bug & problem issues. The poster describes how to set HTML elements text for extracting and saving it to Excel. To export the complete assertion definition with results the same process should be established.

What do you meant with "default value"? If you want to save text (displyed text or HTML source code text) to Excel just configure the Excel cell reference for the step that extracts the HTML element value (blue box icon), selecting "Assign Excel file / Excel Datei zuweisen" from context menu. Open Excel and click into the cell to set cell reference.

Concerning the ScriptEditor manual I hope helping issues concerning the editor are sufficient, but does not include any information about programming JavaScript. But the web is full of sites helping using JavaScript.

To simulate dynamic element behaviour - like menues or help frames - apply the HTML element that raises the event handler (onmouseover) as step element. Also scripting can be helpful to control your help functionalty behaviour directly and with high flexibility. Then just call the event handler method to raise functionality directly by script. JavaScript can be specified as Quick Script in steps dialog or separat file.

Hope, this is what you want to know. If there are further questions let us know.

best regards,

Frank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JStudio SiteWalker Service Board Forum Index -> Product Issues: Bugs & Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: