JStudio SiteWalker Service Board Forum Index JStudio SiteWalker Service Board
Find out / share information about our product, experience and requirements. To serve all user all postings must be written in English language. We are looking for constructive meanings and experience. Disrespectful postings will be deleted immediately.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Task Iteration Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JStudio SiteWalker Service Board Forum Index -> Product Issues: Bugs & Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Task Iteration Problem Reply with quote

Hi,

When I create a navigation task I cannot make it "iterate". I have tried checking the box and specifying the number of iterations but nav. task refuses to loop. Can anybody help me?

Thanks

Nick
sitewalker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: To use Task Iteration Reply with quote

Hello Nick

To use Task Iteration keep the following in mind:

The Task must include Steps that represents input controls (input box) or HTML elements to be extracted/ tested (blue box)
Only for those elements, a datasource can be specified (to input data from Excel/ DB or save extracted data to Excel/DB)

At least for one step a reference to database or Excel cell must be exists. Otherwise it is no iteration, because the navigation process and the used data are identical when repeating. When Excel is used with multiple data rows activate checkbox "Increment Line" to ensure that each iteration uses data from next row.
(We are sorry about a mistake in our program help. "Increment Line" instead of "Iteration" was ment. This help document now has been corrected for next release)

The Task Iteration must be activated at Task config dialog. So the Task - the web workflow - will be iterated completely.
When using Excel specify the number of iterations. For DBs the SQL statement evaluates this number be checking the number of resultset records.

That's all. Task Iteration is not only repeating workflows x-times. Its using needs to specify datasource. Please note that Iteration only works for the current Task. It is not possible to iterate many tasks sequential.

Hope, this suggestion may help you to solve the problem.

Best regards,

Frank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JStudio SiteWalker Service Board Forum Index -> Product Issues: Bugs & Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: