JStudio SiteWalker Service Board Forum Index JStudio SiteWalker Service Board
Find out / share information about our product, experience and requirements. To serve all user all postings must be written in English language. We are looking for constructive meanings and experience. Disrespectful postings will be deleted immediately.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

automated testing tools

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JStudio SiteWalker Service Board Forum Index -> General Issues: Testing automatically
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: automated testing tools Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am working for a company which develops a web based application. Previously i was using httpunit for this purpose but since httpunit is not smart enough in handling dynamic javascript we returned in complete manual testing.

But now i badly need a tool where i can record test case and play them back when needed. I am using many tools so far it seems okay but i need few more good tools to compare and use the best one. How about SiteWalker? I hope i will get an answer at this board.

Regards
Neil
Nick

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Leave reply Reply with quote

Neil,

I just spent two weeks evaluating over thirty tools for the purposes of testing a large and complex web application. Jstudio gives the best price performance, ease of use and breadth of capability you will find.

If you find something better I would like to see it. If you want to share experiences then lets do it outside this forum.

Leave me a reply and we can hook up..

Nick
Tanvir

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Whats your focus? Reply with quote

Neil,

Selecting an automation tool isn't that simple. You can't just base it on
what other have used (otherwise you'll end up with WinRunner, since that is the tool that is most used, but over-priced and not as good as many other tools).
In general there is no guarantee that what worked for another company will work for you, and there's also no guarantee that it is the best product for you. You need to figure out your focus what you will need your tool to do.
When selecting on tools we were focused on our testers knowing the critical parts of the application to be tested. To enable our testers - developer and business staff - doing test atomation we needed a tool that enables all them to contribute on testing process. So we decided for Jstudio Sitewalker.

So decide if you're/ your team is even ready to automate. If you're not, you could save some money by not having an oversized automation tool sit around. So we were focused on a tool that can and will be used.

Tanvir
Neil

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I understand that evaluation is hard work. I also understand that everyone evaluates with different perspective - depending on project / quality / institutional issues.

We evaluate Jstudio Sitewalker and right now it seems to be a suitable tool. Definitely more efficient than programming tests with httpunit. But we will see...

Thank you for your posts.

Regards,

Neil
Cepelin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you completely.
tester2311

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Yes, you are right Reply with quote

we also searches for a tool that enables us for automated web tests. Sitewalker has help us to create the tests fix - and more important than this - it helps us changing the tests when our app dialog has changed.
So for us it was the right choice.

enjoy testing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JStudio SiteWalker Service Board Forum Index -> General Issues: Testing automatically All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: