JStudio SiteWalker Service Board Forum Index JStudio SiteWalker Service Board
Find out / share information about our product, experience and requirements. To serve all user all postings must be written in English language. We are looking for constructive meanings and experience. Disrespectful postings will be deleted immediately.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't load requested HTML-Document / Navigation timed out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JStudio SiteWalker Service Board Forum Index -> Product Issues: Bugs & Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msreuss

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Can't load requested HTML-Document / Navigation timed out Reply with quote

I am working with a DHTML application which runs locally without a web server. When I enter the startpage (w:\mypath\startpage.html or file:///w:/mypath/startpage.html) in the Navigation Task configuration and check "Open Document in single Browser when closing", this page is shown in the browser window.

However, when I try to run the Mission project, I get the error "Can't load requested HTML-Document / Navigation timed out". The Status tab of the console window shows the address of the start page as "Element".
Now I wonder why SiteWalker cannot load this page.

Thanks

Matthias
msreuss

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Follow-up: How to troubleshoot this message? Reply with quote

Meanwhile I have investigated a bit. The described behaviour is definitely not caused by the fact that we do not use a web server, but rather by some of the Javascript. There is an onLoad event handler in each of the frames of the page, and I will try to investigate somewhat deeper into this tomorrow.

However, it would be very helpful to know which file SiteWalker is trying to load. The message only shows the name of the start page it does load (although with some problem).

Best wishes,

Matthias
msreuss

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The page I try to load consists of a Navigation frame and a Data frame.

The onload handler of the body of the Navigation frame contains the following lines:

Code:
var hdWorkDoc  = parent.Data.document;
hdWorkDoc.close();
var sDocumentElementAsHTML = hdWorkDoc.documentElement.outerHTML;

If I comment out the third line, everything works.
Other attributes of hdWorkDoc.documentElement are accessible (innerText, outerText, innerHTML).

Best wishes,

Matthias
riodoro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: valid JavaScript ? Reply with quote

Hi,

why don't you exchange these lines of code that way:
Code:
var hdWorkDoc  = parent.Data.document;
var sDocumentElementAsHTML = hdWorkDoc.documentElement.outerHTML;
hdWorkDoc.close();

Because reading outerHTML attribut before closing the document window should work.

Happy Xmas,

rio
sitewalker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: documents have to be completed Reply with quote

Hello msreuss,

the message "Can't load requested HTML-Document / Navigation timed out" always occures, if the current document could not be loaded completely. This means that the document and all included ressources like images, objects and scripts must be loaded to complete the navigation.
If there is a load event (body onload) specified executing the event handler is part of the navigation process and must be executed to get the complete status for the document.

For loading web documents it is not important whether they responsed by a web server or loaded directly by the browser from local.

At recording time the complete event does not effect to the SiteWalker behaviour. Maybe the page is visualized but not completed.
If loading the document fails please check the following possible reasons:

- are all ressources (images etc.) of the web document available to get loaded by the browser?
- are there scripts that had failed that avoid completion?

Please note: The complete event that triggers SiteWalker to go on further gets raised when the top web document completed.
When loading web content by parts (e.g. single frames are changed) or by dynamic server crossings without exchange of the page (e.g. AJAX) avoid using SiteWalker Navigation Steps that raises the navigation. Start the navigation by using a JavaScript statement
(e.g.
Code:
document.getElementById("activeHyperLink").click();
) and specify a delay response time. When starting a online navigation that way, SiteWalker does not control the navigation process. It only executes the controls event and waits for the specified delay time. This allows executing navigation processes whenever loading the complete web page is not requested.

Hope, these suggestions might help you to handle the problem.

Best regards,

SiteWalker Admin
msreuss

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your input.

@riodoro: I am sorry that your proposal does not work. The Javascript code snippet does not use a window.close(), but a document.close(), which tells the browser that the document is closed for writing.

@sitewalker:
Yes, there is a load event, and the onload handler contains the code snippet which I included.

As to failed scripts: I would have expected that the browser (I mean IE, not necessarily SiteWalker) somehow complains about failed scripts.

As to missing resources: Is it possible to make SiteWalker tell me which resource it misses?

In my case, as I mentioned in my most recent post, the message disappears if I leave out one distinct line of Javascript code in the onload handler of the Navigation frame. As far as I see, this line does not load any resource, but just references parent.Data.document.documentElement.outerHTML,
where Data is the name of the "other" frame.

I will try to investigate further as well as try your idea of starting the navigation by JavaScript as soon as I have access to our code again, which will be Jan 8.

Best regards,

Matthias
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JStudio SiteWalker Service Board Forum Index -> Product Issues: Bugs & Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: