JStudio SiteWalker Service Board Forum Index JStudio SiteWalker Service Board
Find out / share information about our product, experience and requirements. To serve all user all postings must be written in English language. We are looking for constructive meanings and experience. Disrespectful postings will be deleted immediately.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

extract whole tables

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JStudio SiteWalker Service Board Forum Index -> General Issues II: Using the web as datasource
View previous topic :: View next topic  
d.j.t

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: extract whole tables Reply with quote

Hi
im trying to automate downloading stock quotes from this site:
http://www.handelsblatt.com/News/default.aspx?_p=200023&_t=wp1_quoteshistory&wp1_symbol=FLUK.NWX

but if i try to extract the data i can only extract single cells and not the whole table at once. i used the dynamic repetition, but that way it just takes to much time. how can i extract the complete table in one click to excel?

anothe question by the way:
is there a possibility to do the following: reapeat task 1 until there is a certain date in the table?
and:
is there a way to let the data be transfered to a new table (table_26_11_2007.xls and so on) each day?

Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
riodoro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: save table data Reply with quote

Hello,

with Sitewalker content only can be extracted HTML element based. So you can extract single cell content in the same way as whole table contents. Move the mouse over the table element (when it is rendered red)
You can also select the table element from DOM tree window manually.
The table cells content will only be imported as complete string into one Excel cell. So extracting cell by cell could be the more structured way for saving.

Check whether Excel supports table data extraction directly. I never used it, but heard about.

For repeating tasks try to use validation rules with a 'goto'. You can jump to steps and tasks wherever you want.

You can run extraction every time by scheduler, but the filenames can not be changes dynamically for each run.

Bye

rio
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JStudio SiteWalker Service Board Forum Index -> General Issues II: Using the web as datasource All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: