JStudio SiteWalker Service Board Forum Index JStudio SiteWalker Service Board
Find out / share information about our product, experience and requirements. To serve all user all postings must be written in English language. We are looking for constructive meanings and experience. Disrespectful postings will be deleted immediately.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to use data from a excel file in a script?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JStudio SiteWalker Service Board Forum Index -> How To: Specific requirements in practise
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omar

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: How to use data from a excel file in a script? Reply with quote

Hello there..

First of all I really need to say that JStudio have some very nice functions and a well designed GUI specially if you compare with other similar software.

However there are some functions that miss. It could be because of my limited knowledge of this software. What I need is a way to manipulate data I import from a excel file. If there is a way to reach the imported data in a script is would solve my problems.

The question is basically how to use/reach data from a excel file in a script?

Thank you for your time

Kind regards

Omar
Boris

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: data from Excel Reply with quote

Hi Omar,

what is your intention to do this ? Data can be imported directly from Excel into HTML input controls without coding any script.
Therefor an existing step (with input icon) just have to refer to an Excel sheet cell by specifying file and cell within a dialog.

Or do you really want to change imported data when they are entered into a control but not already sended with the form ?

regards,

Boris
omar

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Boris,

I need to add a string (by using javascript) to imported data when they are imported from Excel and before they are entered into HTML input control.

I could add the string after data is imported from excel and entered into a HTML input control, by creating another step and attach a javascript to it. By this method the data will already be in HTML input control, and a script can be used to modify the data. This method just seem as a hack and is not pretty, however it does solve my "problem".

Regards

Omar
sitewalker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: working solution Reply with quote

Hello Omar,

thanks for your interest in our product. The data import from Microsoft Excel just imports values from Excel cells into an HTML input control.

To manipulate those values - you are right - only JavaScript capabilities might be suitable. You found out the solution on your own: the import step just has to be copied a second time it's type has to be changed to source and a script has to be assigned - that takes the control.value, manipulates it, and assigns value to control.value again.
Maybe it seems not pretty, but it is no hack to do so. It's the flexibility of JStudio SiteWalker concepts that mostly leads to a working solution - even if they are not pretty.

Enjoy using JStudio SiteWalker.

regards from Germany,

Frank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JStudio SiteWalker Service Board Forum Index -> How To: Specific requirements in practise All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: